You may know it as a natural antimicrobial. Or as a potent anti-fungal. But oregano oil deserves a place in your kitchen, too. Read on to discover four delicious oregano oil-based recipes.
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 drop oregano essential oil
• 1 drop basil essential oil
• Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste.
• Dash of salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve with succulent grilled vegetables.
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1-3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
• 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
• 3 drops oregano essential oil
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve with fresh warm bread.
• 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 5 tablespoons dry white wine
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 to 4 drops oregano essential oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh or dried thyme leaves
• 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 24 hours.
• 4 large potatoes cut lengthwise
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 4 drops of oregano essential oil
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup water
• 4 teaspoons sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Heat the oven to 450°F and place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Add all remaining ingredients and toss to coat potatoes. Bake until crispy and brown, turning halfway through, for about one hour.
by Precious Williams.